Sunday, May 12, 2013

High school

I've been planning on attending El Dorado High School for about as long as I can remember, numero uno, it's one jump over my backyard wall to the campus parking lot, and two, it's a reputable and accomplished school and my sister is still currently learning there as a senior. Of course, new school equals new problems and new schedules, and that means I'll have to adjust to the different environment and somehow become used to it. Honestly, that's about the only major fear I have: becoming lost on the first day of ninth grade. The other few minor trepidations I have are mainly ones that apply to everything about education, such as failing to earn decent grades, acquiring a particularly aggravating professor, and forgetting assignments. As for the social part of El Dorado, well, two of my friends are leaving for Valencia, and I am not comfortable at all with missing two out of five of my fellow homies when the lunch bell rings. Not to mention, one of them is incredibly close to me, and I'll probably stay mute and contemplative with my remaining friends if she's not there to strike up conversation. Another annoyance about high school that irks me is the motherloads of homework yet to bombard me from all of those AP classes I've enlisted in, and I actually enjoy sleeping in. If they do flood me with papers and essays and all that jazz, it's all right, I'll just have to take a quick nap in one of my electives. Lastly, I seriously am pleading for God to help me be less awkward when I'm talking to all of those new and old students on campus; the last thing I need is to be judged and then labeled as weird. Even though I shouldn't be worried at all about that kind of matter, it's still an issue because I can hear people talk about things around me, and sometimes I'll accidentally catch a whiff of nasty backtalk about someone.

Aside from grades and having to deal with being a "freshy" or freshman, high school should be remotely interesting. There's more space to walk around and explore, as well as the lacrosse team, which should be a thrilling experience for sure, even though the athletics directors said only the Boys team can hit people with their sticks. There's definitely a much larger student body, which means I'll be able to expand my horizons and connections. I have to say, 9th grade should be remotely interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.