Sunday, May 5, 2013

change

There have been so many changes in my life. Either for the best or for the worse. The biggest change I have ever gone through was moving. I grew up in this house, and it stored all of my families memories. I wasn't what you called "happy" about moving, but it was something that had to be done. We were so blessed to live in this dream house for almost 12 years. Unfortunately, money got tighter and what needed to be done had to be done. It was a two story house with a pool and right at the end of a cul-de-sac. Everyone knew everyone and it had such a positive vibe to it. To add, my best friend lived right around the corner, and this neighborhood was so safe. Moving away from it definitely caused some heartbreak and tears. I wouldn't exactly say it was for the better but it had to happen. We moved to a town home about 5 minutes away from the old house. Of course it was hard at first to adjust because we were so close to our neighbors. That meant being quiet, playing our music a notch lower, and things along those lines. Also, we had to walk down a bit to go to the pool, we couldn't just walk into the backyard. And my older brother and I aren't very close with our neighbors, so that's hard as well. Luckily, throughout this whole experience my mom has kept a positive attitude to keep us going. The saying, "Everything happens for a reason" and "Be content with what you have, do not envy," have definitely been our daily mottos. This whole experience overall has made me realize not everything will last forever, so cherish it while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.