Sunday, October 28, 2012

charles


When those words left her mouth of that there was no Charles I seemed so confused to why my own son didn't tell me the truth of his school year and how he felt about it and that he lied about himself.  In my mind I didn’t know why my son would create a fake kid to cover his true self at school.  While my mind is puzzled I reply "Really?"  As the teacher is wondering to why I asked her to why there is Charles when there isn’t I tell her about how my son lied about school and everything to me and my family she looks and me and explains, “ that how kids sometimes will do this to not make his/her own parents disappointed about them.”
            “I wonder why my son would create such a lie to his own mother” I reply
             She explains me to talk to him after the meeting and discuss why he would create a fake kid. While driving home I think about why Laurie would do this. When I pull into the home and walk in still with a shocked face my husband asks me what happens and explain to him about Laurie fake story telling about Charles. As I walk into the bedroom of Laurie I open the door and ask, “ Laurie, can we talk about Charles?”
 Laurie responds with a confused tone of “sure?”
I walk in and sit next to him and start talking. I try to get the truth out of him by various questions but he wont budge. Finally I ask, “Is Charles actually real?”
             He responds with “yes mom he is.”
With the lie still going on and tell him “ his parents never came to the meeting and that the teacher said there has never been a Charles in your grade?”           
            He looks at me and with the I’m in trouble look he spills the truth. He explains he never wanted to know the truth of himself and that he’s “sorry.”
 We talk for a long time and disciplines are intended and he tells me that he will never lie to me. I felt better of my sons and mine relationship and from then one we both would never lie to each other. 

2 comments:

  1. I like the way you ended the story Charles because you explain why Laurie did such a thing and how the mom solved the "problem".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole - Be careful to not switch back and forth between past/present tense. This can confuse readers most of the time!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.