Thursday, October 4, 2012

A few months after my brother, Nick, had just turned 16 and after he had earned his license, my parents bought him a new car. Of course, he was ecstatic about it and all he wanted to do during the day was drive it around. However, after school my parents did not want him driving around to random places because that was the time when he should have been doing homework and studying for tests and quizzes. When I walked home from school one day, my brother and I were extremely and abnormally hungry. My mom was going to take a trip to the grocery store that evening, so there was almost no food in the refrigerator and pantry. We knew that my brother was not able to drive to us to a place to eat, because if our parents found out we would suffer the many consequences. However, we were so hungry that anything we looked at almost looked appetizing to eat. My brother and I decided that if we went somewhere to eat, our mom would never find out, because she was already out at a restaurant eating with her friend on her day off from work. Nick drove me to our favorite restaurant. We ordered our dishes and spotted our mom walking into the door. We panicked, but we decided the best thing to do was explain the situation to her. She grounded both of us for a week, but if we wouldn't have been honest with her, we probably would have been punished much worse.

2 comments:

  1. Its funny that both of you went into the same restaurant with out knowing.

    I think the problem was that both your brother and you were hungry but your brother wasn't able to drive because of your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your story and how you and your brother to the risk of gretting in trouble for a meal. I predict the conflict was that your brother couldnt drive you yet but since you both were hungry you both to a risk of getting in trouble over your hungry need. = internal conflict

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.